[sdiy] There is no fun analogue chips anymore!

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 28 18:39:59 CEST 2012

> If I might play devil's advocate for a moment;
>
> Why exactly *would* there be any new interesting analog audio
> chips about?
>
> <massive snip>

I agree with everything you say, Tom.  However, for me, there is still one
overriding issue around all this digital stuff: it is no longer an
electronic design problem, but rather a programming problem.  For me,
electronic design is fun; programming is work.  When the analog chips all
disappear, I will have to find a new hobby.  Full stop.