[sdiy] There is no fun analogue chips anymore!

Jim Patchell patchell at cox.net
Tue Jun 26 22:48:55 CEST 2012

A Trans-conductance Amplifier refers to the fact that the amplifier has
a voltage input and a current output.  So, a 741 (voltage in-voltage out
amp) can be turned into a transconductance amplier with the clever use
of feed back resistors.  However, what we refer to as an O TA also has
an input that will control the gain (transconductance) of the amplier.
So, NO, in general, you cannot use a 741 to replace a CA3080.

-Jim