[sdiy] RS Designspark PCB tool

Harry Bissell harrybissell at wowway.com
Fri Jun 22 14:09:49 CEST 2012

Thanks Mike.  It indeed does that. Its more a matter of your expectation while learning a new tool.
I wanted to place 'pads' for mounting holes... in effect those are not really 'vias'.  So it was
a little tricky to select the trace/via tool, place the via, then end the tool.

Probably KiKad would expect that you would make the mounting hole a component (yeah that's the wrong word, more learning
curve :^)

I'm used to Hiwire which assumes that you either want to place a pad, or a trace. In effect there is no such thing as 'via'
So I was looking for something like that.

So far I'm finding KiKad slow but not ~too~ painful

H^) harry