[sdiy] best ways of portable +/- supply

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:38:43 CEST 2012

> I was going to say WTF until I saw there are two POSITIVE regulators...
>
>essentially a capacitive doubler power supply with post-regulation.
>
>Clever !
>
>H^) harry

I keep thinking this is FWR--or is it a split HWR? I can't wrap mind around
it right now. I remember being totally baffled when I first saw this
schematic over 25 years ago.

IIRC, I used this with a negative regulator by flipping the lower half
around because the circuit (a Craig Anderton QuadraFuzz) already had a
negative regulator. It's been a while...

--

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"