[sdiy] TB303 Slide

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sun Jun 10 20:49:43 CEST 2012

On 10 Jun 2012, at 17:12, Mattias Rickardsson wrote:

> On 10 June 2012 16:28, Tim Stinchcombe <tim102 at timstinchcombe.co.uk> wrote:
>> I simply
>> assumed the 'internet chatter' I read on this subject after some Googling
>> was gospel, and so neglected to do _any_ analysis of my own which would have
>> indicated otherwise! (And apologies to Mattias for my wrong-headedness.)
>
> No worries! It's easy to get stuck in illogical thoughts even when the
> truth is quite simple once you get it into your mind.

Yeah, I set out with the equations expecting the reverse of what I found, but I was sufficiently bamboozled after the various cases made for and against that I didn't really know one way or the other. But the maths gave me a clear answer.

> (For instance, many people still think the earth is round!) :-)

Surely not! I can see from here that it's flat!

> I agree that it's hard to choose a good name for it... "constant
> time-constant" might be a bit strange... maybe the more
> computing-related terms "N" and "log N" would better describe the
> times it takes for linear and exponential glides?

Could we just say "RC glide"?
It's simple, descriptive, and it leaves to one side the question of whether it's constant time or not!!

Regards,
Tom