[sdiy] Opinion poll - Through Hole ~vs~ SMT

Quick Silver quicksilvercarrier at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 14:35:14 CEST 2012

I have been building projects with through hole for many years now on
perf board. It works well since I usually only build one or two. I
have built a few through hole kits on PCB and that works well.

I have never built a PCB but I have designed a few which I would like
to have made.

I have never used SMT. I suppose the problem with SMT is that it is
really designed for machine manufacturing not hobbyists.

Having the SMT parts already on board would be best for me.

Graheme