[sdiy] Opinion poll - Through Hole ~vs~ SMT

Veronica Merryfield veronica at merryfield.ca
Thu Jun 7 20:00:36 CEST 2012

I have found my limitation on DIY SMT is my eye sight (astigmatisms) but with a decent visor and lighting, I have no problem soldering them. However, when I am doing proto boards on a budget, I get the SMT parts pre-stuffed and do the rest in thru hole. This works to be a pretty good compromise and fairly economic. If I were having to do all my own soldering I would prefer not to have to do the SMT parts if I had the choice.

My 2pw.