[sdiy] Opinion poll - Through Hole ~vs~ SMT

Tim Daugard daugard at cox.net
Thu Jun 7 16:46:55 CEST 2012

I'm a through hole person generally. I have done a few very small SMT
circuits - all passive or just diodes so far. I have boards preped for a 4
pin SMT transistor and a 5 pin logic but haven't solder them yet.

However it doesn't matter because I never buy boards, I always build my own.
The latest project is developing I2C communication with the TI MSP430
processors. (The trick is low value resistor pull-ups connected directly to
Vcc.) Now I've got to read the docs to figure the processor current sink
maximums.

Tim Daugard