[sdiy] newbie question: Adding LED to JH Sample & hold schematic

ganesha goaqihai at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 09:22:37 CEST 2012

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your help. This will work fine  if the switch is set to Glide and Hold position, because that is when OSC3 is used as the clocksource. In glide & Hold mode is especially usefull if you can change the pulsewidth of OSC3.

But if the switch is set to Sample & Hold mode, the internal clock is used and not OSC3 so if I connect the LED to the OSC3 input, the LED will still blink to the tempo of OSC3 and not to the tempo of the internal clock. That will be confusing.
So I'm looking for something that will make the LED blink to either OSC3 or the internal clock, depending on the mode the switch is set to.

Best regards,
Kris