[sdiy] Christmas Projects - first results

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Thu Dec 27 15:33:45 CET 2012

"Tim Daugard" <daugard at cox.net> wrote:
>Taught almost 7 year old granddaughter to solder. I was in radio shack for a
>couple parts and she saw a Velman? LED Christmas tree kit. By the time we
>got to the LEDs, she was installing the parts, soldering them in and cliping
>the leads and not wanting ANY help grandpa..  After struggling to clip the
>leads (not enough hand strength yet) on the first 8 LEDs she decided I could
>help some. After she decided on whither to use the gold or the silver 9-Volt
>battery (and showing her how to match the circuit board + sign with the
>battery + sign) she put the battery in and it worked first time.
>
>Still another week and a half of her vacation left.
>
>Tim Daugard

Tim, that is a precious story.  I loved the part about deciding whether to use a silver or
gold battery...  (c:

-- ScottG (who has children and grandchildren)
-- Scott Gravenhorst
-- FPGA MIDI Synth Info: jovianpyx.dyndns.org:8080/public/FPGA_synth/
-- FatMan Mods Etc.: jovianpyx.dyndns.org:8080/public/fatman/
-- Some Random Electronics Bits: jovianpyx.dyndns.org:8080/public/electronics/