[sdiy] Christmas Projects - first results

Tim Daugard daugard at cox.net
Thu Dec 27 15:29:32 CET 2012

Taught almost 7 year old granddaughter to solder. I was in radio shack for a
couple parts and she saw a Velman? LED Christmas tree kit. By the time we
got to the LEDs, she was installing the parts, soldering them in and cliping
the leads and not wanting ANY help grandpa..  After struggling to clip the
leads (not enough hand strength yet) on the first 8 LEDs she decided I could
help some. After she decided on whither to use the gold or the silver 9-Volt
battery (and showing her how to match the circuit board + sign with the
battery + sign) she put the battery in and it worked first time.

Still another week and a half of her vacation left.

Tim Daugard