[sdiy] Trying to identify sound...

Tom Arnold xyzzy at sysabend.org
Wed Dec 26 05:57:35 CET 2012

Trying to identify what created a bassline in a 1967 episode of Tom&Jerry.

I've tried a couple times to patch up something to make this sound and
failed.  I'm guessing its a pretty simple square wave but I'm missing the
organic instable quality.

Anyhow, here's a youtube link thats working for the moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTJLTIV0WW4

The sound is prominent at 58 seconds, used a bit throughout the episode, and
then prominent again at 6:30.

At first I thought it was some flavor of reed instrument,  sax or bassoon, but
it doesn't have the same qualities.

Anyhow, perhaps you are bored.  I mean, its a good episode of Tom&Jerry at
the very least.  I have a feeling its some flavor of cheap combo organ or
something which would mean I'm on the right track for waveform just havent
gotten the filter right.

Thanks and happy holidays!