[sdiy] Fast envelope generation

Martin Fay martin at martinfay.com
Wed Dec 19 08:41:30 CET 2012

Hi Don,

The deeper issue here is the hardware running the envelope code. On a
32-bit CPU your position holds, but on 8-bit where higher precision is
implemented with several lower precision operations this is not
necessarily the case! Also lookup table efficiency is influenced by
the memory architecture of the hardware, broad brush fast in relative
terms on on 8-bit, slow on 32-bit.

Martin

Sent from my iPhone