[sdiy] Fast envelope generation

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Wed Dec 19 06:34:22 CET 2012

On Dec 18, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Tom Wiltshire wrote:

> This is in serious danger of getting a bit religious, which is far from my intention, but here goes anyway.

Aren't you welcoming of religions that are different from your own?  Don't worry, I'm not gonna whack you with my bible or anything.

I'm very familiar with table lookups and interpolation.

So how many multiplies per sample for this table look up?
   1. interpolation part 1
   2. interpolation part 2
   3. scaling the exponential value to fit the step the envelope needs to make
   4. optionally recalculating the speed for dynamic parameter changes

Is this correct?

Wait a second; shouldn't the speed be a -exp(x) calculation?

By comparison, the RC simulation is only one multiply per sample.

  -- Don

--
Don Tillman
Palo Alto, California