[sdiy] Ensoniq SQ2 LONG release envelopes?

Robert Weigel sounddoctorin at imt.net
Sun Dec 9 09:01:30 CET 2012

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Ensoniq SQ2 to where they
can tell my friend why possibly the sustain pedal sounds like it's held
all the time; no matter if one is in or not.  I mean the obvious would be
that the jack got busted and is shorting all the time but... I thought
before we tear the whole thing apart and look someone might have had this
experience and it's just a setting or something that I'm missing.  The
pedal does nothing when I plug it in.   ALL SOUNDS FADE EVENTUALLY....
Just..very long release envelopes on everything it sounds like.

--
Check website at http://sounddoctorin.com for synthesizer technical help,
parts, and a tour of the studio, and archives of various discussions to