[sdiy] Audio taper pots

Stewart Pye stewpye at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 24 22:48:51 CEST 2012

Tim,

If the attenuators  (linear pots) are feeding directly into a mixer then
simply reduce the value of the summing and feedback resistors so that
the summing resistors are about 1/5 the value of the pot value. This
means that you may have to buffer the inputs before they get to the
pots, but this may be cheaper than getting two different pots. A quad op
amp is only about $0.20 and you could use a soic package to keep the
size down.

Regards,
Stewart.