[sdiy] Eagle library recommendations for pcb mounted pots/jacks

Tim Ressel madhun2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 18:06:15 CEST 2012

I agree. The thing about strange libraries is you cannot always trust them to be done well, or at least done the way you'd do it. I do all my own libraries for jacks and pots. It may seem like a lot of work, but when you get good its not that bad. The hardest part is interpreting the datasheets. Sometimes the dimensioning in done by a gorilla and you have to get really clever to figure out some of the dimensions.

I like what SparkFun does. They do a library part but mark it as untested. After a board gets spun they check it. If the parts fits and all is well, they mark the library part as tested. You can print a board layout 1:1 and poke the leads of the part through the paper, but this gets you only so far. My printer is pretty good, but its not really 1:1.

TimR