[sdiy] Which is better as a VC resistor? FET or BJT?

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 20:19:16 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:00 AM, dan snazelle <subjectivity at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am messing around with a new circuit where I want to voltage control the path between two points. I was using a BJT last night but was getting  a lot of distortion (maybe i need to find more info on proper use of BJT's as
> VC resistors)...maybe a FET would work better?

Here's a site that I've always found interesting, although I've never
actually tried any of the schematics:
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/LFOs/psuedorandom.htm

There's a couple of different LFO designs that I think you'll like,
and about 3/4ths way down the page, there's a section on using various
VC Resistor elements to allow the LFO to control your effects.
Hopefully one of those ideas will give you a good starting point.

Tim (psuedorandom, but I repeat after 37,000 years) Servo
--
"Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."
- H.L. Hastings