[sdiy] Output Voltages

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Thu Jun 30 00:23:58 CEST 2011

Quoth David G Dixon at 30/06/11 07:08...
> I think you might be making a big mistake!  If you're power supply is
> +/-15V, then your opamps will be clipping at +/-13.5V (roughly).  That means
> that any significant resonance on filtered waveforms will most likely suffer
> clipping distortion.  My system is +/-5V signals with a +/-15V PSU, and I
> still get clipping distortion occasionally in certain circumstances.

Thanks for that.

That's why it's best to ask whilst the concept is still on paper/on the
CAD package :-) Think I must have mis-interpreted whichever book it was
(Chamberlain?)

Actually makes things a tad easier since my control voltages are 5V
(unipolar.)

But what about the system output - should that be +/- 5V?

Cheers

Matthew Smith

Business: http://www.smiffytech.com
Blog:     http://www.smiffysplace.com