[sdiy] OP275 [was: Re: Audio mixers]

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jun 23 12:20:54 CEST 2011

Paul Schreiber is a real EE, and I'd love to have some of his modules.
Douglas Self is a real EE  and I'd like one of his amps.

I'm definitely NOT a real EE, but I know to be very very careful indeed
while reading op amp spec sheets - and always be ready to assume the worst,
and know that if anything ISN'T mentioned, there is doubtless a good reason
for it.

As to why the OP275 is used by Paul S, I am reminded of the old saying: "An
engineer is someone who can build for a dollar, what any fool can build for
ten." Using needlessly expensive parts doesn't help anyone.

Finally, here is some advice on reading data sheets:
http://www.edn.com/article/469106-How_to_read_a_semiconductor_data_sheet.php

paul perry Melbourne Australia