[sdiy] OP275 [was: Re: Audio mixers]

Jay Schwichtenberg jays at aracnet.com
Thu Jun 23 05:46:37 CEST 2011

Tim's question brings to mind another one of my own.

How many times are we stuck in the past with what we know and don't move
forward?

In this case are we stuck using old op-amps because someone that knows what
they are doing recommended them 10 years ago?

Based on specmanship there are a lot better op-amps out there. Look at
National's LME Overture series which has some op-amps with specs that are
pretty damn impressive specs. There are some newer amps in that product line
that replace the LM4562.

Granted that a number of these are not cheap, require special PCB and bypass
considerations still could we better things with them?

Anyways just some thoughts.
Jay S.