[sdiy] Audio mixers

stew stewpye at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 17 04:25:10 CEST 2011

If you want a low noise mixer you'd be best off using op amp buffers for each input with a 100k input resistor to ground to set the input impedance then follow these by 5k or 10k voltage divider pots and 10k summing resistors. The lower value resistors will reduce the noise. Also use low noise op amps like the LM833 or NE5532, and the associated coupling capacitors required to combat the offset voltage caused by the bipolar input stages of the op amps.

Regards,
Stewart.