[sdiy] Buffering 0V when using a pot as a voltage divider?

Harry Bissell harrybissell at wowway.com
Thu Jun 30 16:33:11 CEST 2011

Truly, sir... ground does not exist !

I make the analogy of the North Atlantic Ocean (a virtual water ground)

If I drop a shot-glass of water into it, does the water level rise ?

of course it does, the trick is that it rises an infinitesimal amount and you
really don't care, its 'good enough'.

You might also note that shot-glass of water raises the the South Atlantic Ocean as well,
but somewhat later than the North Atlantic.

Perhaps a "black hole" could be considered a virtual ground, but I suspect that for a big enough
input (a galaxy perhaps ?)even that might move....

Ohms law rules !

<bfg>

H^) harry