[sdiy] OP275 [was: Re: Audio mixers]

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jun 23 04:16:41 CEST 2011

On the presented evidence, I think I'd back Douglas Self against the writer
of the OP275 app notes.

1. Whatever the merits of otherwise of the front end, I doubt it is the
source of the extra distortion when feeding a 600 ohm load. This "sound of
jfet" business is just marketing BS.

2. In the app notes, a negative impedance filter is presented with the claim
that the OP275 in the frequency-dependent negative resistor is not in the
signal path... well, somebody who could say that, has a great career waiting
in Washington.

All in all, this shows just what we have lost with the demise of Jim
Williams and Bob Pease.

paul perry Melbourne Australia