[sdiy] SH-101 power supply

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Jun 20 09:11:26 CEST 2011

On 19 Jun 2011, at 22:21, bill bigrig wrote:

> Oddly enough, where the schematic calls for a 100uf cap at C-4, this one has a 330uf. This must be an early unit.

My own SH101 came with a Boss power supply (wall wart) which was one of the noisiest I've come across and which made the output hum. I can imagine either Roland themselves or someone else subsequently increasing the power supply filtering caps in an attempt to kill the mains hum. Myself, I just got a different adaptor.

T.