[sdiy] Audio mixers

Chris Muir cbm at well.com
Thu Jun 16 01:21:08 CEST 2011

On Jun 15, 2011, at 4:12 PM, James Coplin wrote:
> If I am using a
> switch to remove a particular input from the mix, route it somewhere else
> etc, what is the proper way to handle the open ended wire when the switch
> is "off"?  Just leave it open?  Connect it to ground?  Thanks again!

I would probably want to ground it. You do risk hearing a slight click when switching, but it will keep the noise down in the case that nothing is plugged in, but the volume pot is up.

http://www.xfade.com		| theory and practice. In practice, there is.
   cbm at well.com		|               - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut