[sdiy] ...that 1K resistor on the output

Harry Bissell harrybissell at wowway.com
Thu Jan 27 16:38:43 CET 2011

1) series

BTW, I use a much smaller resistor, 100 ohm typical, even 10 ohm if I really don't want any voltage drop.
I do NOT ever tie outputs together to mix them, I consider this a form of child abuse...

2) for AC coupling, I use a small series resistor on the output, then a series capacitor, then a 1Mohm to ground at
the output. This keeps the otuput at 0V and prevents (sometimes LARGE) pops when a cable is inserted...

H^) harry