[sdiy] Multiples - passive vs. active?

Justin Owen juzowen at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 17 19:16:57 CET 2011

> One other difference is that you can use a passive multiple either way around, whereas you'd need different arrangements for a buffered 1 in- 4out and a 4-in 1-out mixer.

Yeah - that's part of what I was thinking.

I should've put this link in the original post - this is the multiple from Division 6 that got me thinking about the advantages/disadvantages of active vs. passive:

http://www.analoguehaven.com/division6/multiplicityxv/

I like that it's cascaded via (I presume) switching sockets but it's all sets of 1 in 3 out and they're all on buffers - if there was a case when using a passive multiple was better - you'd be out of luck with this... thus my original question.

FYI. etc.