[sdiy] GUIs was Re: Using Cortex Mx Arms in Synth DIY

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sat Dec 24 01:20:38 CET 2011

On 23 Dec 2011, at 22:41, Eric Brombaugh wrote:

> If you don't care for top-heavy GUI IDEs then this works very well.

I used to work this way all the time, but for the past many years, I've found GUIs easier. The difference is that if you don't know what you're doing, you can at least experiment with various menu options on the GUI. With just a command line, you're left guessing what might do something. Frustrating at best. You need a decent manual, whereas I can make an unknown GUI work without one.
It's a shame, though, because otherwise I've no real attachment to GUIs. A command line is a much more efficient interface for many things.

T.