[sdiy] [AH] What would the ultimate LFO do?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sat Dec 17 22:38:51 CET 2011

On 17 Dec 2011, at 19:24, Ian Fritz wrote:

> At 06:24 AM 12/17/2011, Scott Gravenhorst wrote:
>
>> I like to use very low frequency low pass filtered noise for an "LFO" because it's not
>> nearly as predictable as an actual oscillator.
>
> Along the same lines, my chaotic oscillators can give LF oscillations with different amounts of irregularity.
>
> Ian

+1

The ultimate LFO isn't just an oscillator. It can also produce wide range of random and semi-random waveforms, both periodic and aperiodic. At this stage it stops being an LFO and becomes a modulation generator.

I've posted this before, but my thoughts on the matter are here:

http://www.electricdruid.com/AdvancedModulationGenerator.pdf

Tom