[sdiy] SSM2040 clone / discrete 'precision' VCA

Justin Owen juzowen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:32:45 CET 2011

Ah, that's one of the things that worried me - I was looking for an integrator but those caps to ground are the poles.

On one hand that's positive because that 4 transistor OTA config (minus the Darlington pair) is what I was looking at originally - less positive though because I had no luck at all with it when I first tried to breadboard it.

So does the fact that the response should be linear mean that the odd current mirror looking thing feeding it via the common Base at the bottom of the differential amp at the bottom is some sort of Lin to Exp converter?

Thanks Tom!

Justin