[sdiy] Logic Analyser

Eric Brombaugh ebrombaugh1 at cox.net
Fri Dec 9 23:44:27 CET 2011

On 12/09/2011 03:35 PM, Paul Maddox wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm after a logic analyser, it needs to be small and portable (USB?) and needs to cope with 20Mhz logic (ideally faster, but for now 20Mhz is enough).
>
> I've found this - http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Open_Bench_Logic_Sniffer
>
> Has anyone used it?

Never tried it, but it looks like it's your basic Cypress USB2.0 device
with an FPGA on for extra fun. Cute and possibly open for additional
uses if you can load the FPGA up with alternate configurations. Pretty
good price too.

> Has anyone got something else they'd recomend?

I've got one of these:

http://www.saleae.com/logic/

Works OK - Cross platform software available, parsers for various buses.
Nicely made.

Eric