[sdiy] Moving to Surface Mount - lots of questions

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Dec 6 18:49:57 CET 2011

> The nice thing is, you'll aways manage to sneak in 0805
> decoupling caps exactly where they are needed.

Amen to that, brother!  The ability to straddle tiny caps directly over the
adjacent inverting-input and output pins of SMD opamps has saved our ass on
quite a few production modules.  It really sucks leaving a critical
stability cap out of a design, but at least it's nice to know that you can
kludge one in easily (and almost invisibly).