[sdiy] Repair help Waldorf Chord Gekko

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Thu Apr 21 19:44:56 CEST 2011

It was my understanding that the 16C parts are one-time programmable, so if the chip is scrambled, it might stay scrambled. That said, you could probably replace it with a 16F part. On the page on Microchip's website, they suggest the PIC16F723A, but I haven't checked whether it'd be pin-for-pin compatible or if it just has the same features.

http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en010145

HTH,
Tom