[sdiy] Bach

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Thu Apr 14 16:35:27 CEST 2011

Tom Wiltshire <tom at electricdruid.net> wrote:

>On 14 Apr 2011, at 05:23, Scott Gravenhorst wrote:
>
>> Some Bach done on DIY synthesizers....  Guess which kind...  (c:
>>
>> http://electro-music.com/forum/download.php?id=26092
>>
>> -- ScottG
>
>OMG! We've gone full circle!!
>
>Nice work, Scott. This is done with your string model synth,
>right? It has a karplus-strong plucked quality! Anywhich way,
>well done for getting it all to the final polished stage at which
>it can produce music.

Hi Tom,

Thanks - I probably should have written what I used...

Xarp-56 - a 56 voice Karplus-Strong harp model.  (struck or plucked)

PolyDrum - a 55 voice chromatically tuned tonal drum synth made of 55 state
variable bandpass filters which are "struck" (impulse excited).

A 16 voice FM bell synth (8 oscillators per voice)

127 voices in all.

All 3 synths have a built in delay effect.  No external effects were used.

-- ScottG
-- Scott Gravenhorst
-- FPGA MIDI Synthesizer Information: home1.gte.net/res0658s/FPGA_synth/
-- FatMan: home1.gte.net/res0658s/fatman/
-- NonFatMan: home1.gte.net/res0658s/electronics/