[sdiy] Flag this message Buffer signal input 2164/2180?

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:40:27 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Alexandra Savidis <ax.savidis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There is any need or benefit to buffer the input signal (using an
> op-amp), when using a SSM2164 or THAT2180 for a modular synthesizer's
> VCA?

It looks like you don't have to (all the schematics in the data sheet
don't use an input buffer), but I would think most applications do so
to allow mixing several signals at the input. You probably get a
higher impedance input with an op amp too.

Tim (has several tubes of the little buggers) Servo
--
"Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."
- H.L. Hastings