[sdiy] TI to buy NatSemi!!!!!

Thomas Strathmann thomas at pdp7.org
Thu Apr 7 19:31:21 CEST 2011

On 4/7/11 18:52 , Scott Gravenhorst wrote:
> Certainly programming skill is part of it (and it is not impossible to learn it any more
> than analog electronics is impossible to learn).  However, programming is not all there
> is to it.  There are also DSP concepts themselves to learn and the associated math.

And the DSP math is based largely on the math for analog circuitry.
I would argue that no real understanding of DSP is possible without
an understanding of what happens in the analog domain. Consequently,
although its role may have changed over time (as do most things), analog
electronics is still far from irrelevant. Besides, the digital
realization of "analog concepts" has its own challenges and rewards.
Both analog an digital synth stuff can be equally frustrating and
rewarding and that's what IMHO makes a good hobby.

	Thomas