[sdiy] TDA7052A as VCA

René Schmitz uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jun 29 10:02:51 CEST 2010

David G. Dixon schrieb:
>> Interesting - findchips shows it showing up as somewhere between 50
>> cent and a dollar at the usual suspects
>
> I've seen LM13700 for as little as $0.75, and a 2164 clone can be had for as
> little as $3.00.  It hardly seems worth it to mess around with inferior
> chips...

Is this judgement solely based on lack of knowledge? So far nobody here
has used these chips.

I could well imagine that one could design something decent with these.
80dB of control range isn't too bad, and you have some 33dB of gain to
kill anyway, so you can divide down the noise and control feedthrou in
the end. The distortion specs don't look too bad either, a nonlinearized
OTA is way worse, btw.

Cheers,
  René

uzs159 at uni-bonn.de