[sdiy] Tama Techstar TS305 repair

mark verbos mverbos at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 25 21:27:03 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to repair a Tama TS305 for a friend and I'm stumped. It
powers up and works for about 3-5 min before the -15 rail drops down
to ground. I have narrowed it down to TOM1's card and replaced the 8
bypass electrolytics, but no dice. I may replace the tantalums C5 and
C6 just because they are tantalums, but they're not even going to the
-15 rail. Is there some problem that these have that I should know
about? Doesn't it HAVE to be a cap if it's slowly dropping a few
minutes after power up?

thanks in advance,

mark