[sdiy] DSO recommendation please

Justin Owen juzowen at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 19 17:34:13 CEST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: dan snazelle [subjectivity at hotmail.com]

> can this be used as a frequency counter?

Re the PDS5022S: Yes, there's 20 measurement functions - 4 of which can be displayed per channel at a time, 1 of which is a frequency counter.

At 20Hz it'll only read 20.00HZ, at 20KHz it'll read 20.00KHZ - so you won't be tuning VCO's with it.

Oh - one complaint that people had was the viewing angle. Yes, this is pretty bad. Thankfully, I've got it sitting right where I need it and it's so small/light - I can't see why you couldn't just pick it up and move it.

HTH.

Justin