[sdiy] Two new microcontroller projects (echo and MIDI sync)

Wooster Audio nathan at woosteraudio.com
Fri Jun 18 15:59:50 CEST 2010

Hi Stew,

Mostly it is just fun.  You can stick your hand between two devices to
mute the rest of the chain or shift the rhythm.  You can pull one out of
the middle and things keep going.  But you're right, its not entirely
reliable.  I don't even know if it would work outside on a bright day
due to light pollution from that rather close star.  In the future we
might be moving to a modulated 38Khz clock signal which should work far
better in those situations.  MIDI-IR is the first device to support that.

Some people have been hooking their devices up with cables.  MIDI-IR has
a header with the clock signals on it.  I plan on sticking one in my
MFOS sequencer.

I was mostly proposing these here as development boards for people to
write their own software, with or without IR.  MIDI-IR has MIDI-in/out,
two knobs connected to ADC's, a button, and pwm out.  Space Baby has two
knobs, a rotary encoder, audio-in/out, in/out filters, and a crossfader.

Nathan