[sdiy] roland tr606 clock issues

Travis Thatcher recompas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 20:17:10 CEST 2010

I"m thinking its a logic issue.  The din jack seems ok, since when i
plug the cable in, the clock is switched off until it gets a proper
signal. Oddly enough however, the int/ext din clock switch doesn't do
anything, its like it is stuck in external mode when the din cable is
inserted.

I wonder if this issue is at all related to the bank select switch not
working...

anyway, here's a service manual I've found.
http://www.dinsync.info/2010/02/roland-tr-606-service-manual.html

I'm guessing ic1, the schmitt trigger may be to blame? or could it be
a bad transistor somewhere?

I did notice that this 606 has seen better days. When I took it apart
I found that there's several jumper wires on the board because of
traces that have gone bad as well as some re-soldering of the traces
on the board.  at least the cpu runs and the other controls seem
functional.

Thanks for the help!

-t

--