[sdiy] Fun things to do with a half SSM2164?

Jason Nanna jasonnanna at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 00:54:22 CEST 2010

Hopefully it's not too late to throw in a comment but I would love to
see a VCA at the input jack as well!  Perhaps rather than having the
input jack mixed at IC3D, you could have the input amplitude become a
modulation destination.  I've been experimenting a little with using
the input as a separate feedback path for the filter.  A VCA at that
point might be helpful for that application.

Or even an input VCA that would bypass the filter altogether (for
amplitude-controlled mixing, post-filter).  The HPF seems great; I
think this would present some interesting opportunities as well.  I've
found little use for the audio input yet, It's nice to throw audio
through the filter but if it were more flexible as a loop or as an
input with its own amplitude control I think I would use it much, much
more.  At that point, though, it might be really beneficial to have a
loop send, loop return, and mix output (Then again, I think I'm at the
fringe with the way I configure my gear.)

And a question:  How are the unused analog outputs dealt with on the
firmware at the moment?  Are they implemented currently?

jason