[sdiy] 3394 thanks!

Olivier Gillet ol.gillet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:55:29 CEST 2010

> It was pointed out that I had confused the 3394 (VCO) with the 3396 (DCO)
> the 3396 makes the wavefrom with a controlled charging current source and
> a sync pulse, very similar to the technique used by Roland in the (now I
> wonder if I remember this one right...) Juno 60 ???

An interesting presentation of the Juno DCOs:
http://www.electricdruid.net/index.php?page=info.junodcos

Another big difference between the CEM3394 and 3396 is that the 3394
is fundamentally mono-oscillator (though some waveforms are more
reminiscent of two basic waveforms one octave apart) ; while the 3396
(and its later incarnations used in DSI products) has two
DCO/waveshaping channels.