[sdiy] where to get a Pratt and Reed keyboard

Graham Atkins gatkins at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 03:17:50 CEST 2010

Hi David,

Pratt Read stopped making their keyboards years ago, they still exist
as a
company.....making screwdrivers !. I don't know where Korg/Roland/Yamaha
source their keyboards but I guess the far east. The only keyboards
you can
buy are from the Italian manufacturer Fatar. They don't deal directly
with the
public (I think someone on the list tried a while back) but Doepfer do
sell them
on their website. Other than that you have a choice of getting an old
Pratt Read
(Note : "Read" not "Reed") keyboard which will probably mean a full
rebuild, new
bushes etc OR buy a cheap porta keyboard and scrap it to use the
mechanism.

Graham