[sdiy] Frequency multipliers

Aaron Lanterman lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Jun 5 20:42:26 CEST 2010

On Jun 4, 2010, at 6:40 PM, Joel B wrote:

> By what method does one convert an equation into a circuit?

That, indeed, is the Art of Electronics. :)

One bit of advice I tell my students is that while most classic op amp circuits are presenting in as voltage-in voltage-out subcircuits - i.e. the information going in and out is represented with voltages - they actually do the computation by manipulating currents. Two standard ways of solving a circuit are "node voltage equations" and "mesh current equations" - you'll generally gain a lot more insight by using the node voltage approach than the mesh current approach, although the two approaches should give you the same answer.

Usual caveat: That paragraph was admittedly a bit hand-wavy; it fits my brain. Your brain may vary.

- Aaron