[sdiy] Substitute for pin matrixes?

cheater cheater cheater00 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 01:07:05 CET 2010

You don't need an XY matrix, you just need an every-to-every matrix.
Here's how you can do it: take two IDE cables, the connectors are
normal row header connectors. take a standoff header - the one that
has a pin that solders to a PCB, and a female socket on the end - much
like an IC socket but only one pin. Solder a wire to the pin. Solder
another on the other end of the wire. Now you have a simple patch
cable. They can be stacked. You can solder a resistor inline on the
wire. You're probably not going to get a cheaper way of doing this
with resistors in the patch. The IDE cable will probably die at some
point but who cares - they are cheap enough

D.