[sdiy] UK guys - Rapid EndLine Sale Today!

Andre Majorel aym-htnys at teaser.fr
Thu Jan 21 07:49:19 CET 2010

On 2010-01-20 21:06 +0000, karl dalen wrote:

> Does this still apply?
> This is what i call a company mental habit!
> -----------------------------
>
> They do have a maximum order of sorts, however. If you try to
> place an order for more than 250 GBP (including shipping and
> VAT), their web site will make it look like it worked but the
> next day, you will get an email advising you that "for security
> reasons", they cannot take credit card and so you must pay via
> bank transfer. This not only means a 12 GBP fee, but
> complications with any "end column day" deals and/or items going
> out of stock in the meantime.
>
> ------------------------------

It was true in March 2009.

Another thing I didn't mention on the page is that they were slow
and unresponsive. Consider the chronology :

03-27 Bank transfer.

04-03 I ask "will Rapid notify me when the package is shipped ? I
      need to make arrangements for the receipt."

04-08 I ask again "I would like to know whether my order's been
      shipped or, if not, when it will be."

04-09 I ask AGAIN. "The payment was sent twelve days ago and I've
      been stuck here for five days now, waiting for a parcel that
      doesn't come. It would help if I knew what to expect. For
      instance, has my order been shipped ? Because if it hasn't,
      that means I don't have to stay here all day. Thank you for
      your understanding."

04-14 Rapid finally reply "The goods left here on the 09/04/09 and
      should be with you shortly. Your tracking number is [...] We
      had the following items out of stock [...]. Regards."

The delay between the last two exchanges can be explained by the
Easter holidays but not the 13-day delay between the bank transfer
and the shipment (or the lack of information).

That was annoying but at these prices you can't complain too much.