[sdiy] Digital interpolation filtering

Eric Brombaugh ebrombaugh1 at cox.net
Sun May 31 18:23:14 CEST 2009

Interesting site.

The 'raised cosine' FIR filter design they're doing here is of the
type I described first in my previous email. Generate a raised cosine
frequency response & transform into time domain. As noted on the site,
this approach is often used for creating filters used in data
communications. The 'beta' they refer to is also known as 'rolloff
factor' and relates to the steepness of the passband shape. This type
of filter has characteristics that really aren't necessary for basic
interpolation and you probably shouldn't use it unless you're doing
data pulse shaping.

Eric