[sdiy] favorite adsr?

David G. Dixon dixon at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri May 29 18:02:46 CEST 2009

Dan,

I just finished laying out a dual version of Ray Wilson's ADSR.  It's a very
simple circuit which uses a quad NOR gate (4001), 1/2 of a hex schmitt
trigger (40106), 3/4 of a quad binary switch (4066), plus a few opamps
(TL07x).  The whole circuit can be built for about $5 or less, and I managed
to fit two of them on a PCB 4" x 5.8" with 0.1" connectors to the panel.

I'll let you know what I think of it once it's built but simulations suggest
it should be plenty fast on the short time setting (1uF tantalum cap).  It
also has a long time setting (15uF tantalum cap, but I'm using 22 uF because
that's all my local shop had).  Check it out at www.musicfromouterspace.com

I'll send you my own (more linear and easy to follow) schematic and dual
circuit layout if you're interested.